History Of Ruffynes Barn
Robert Ruffyn, a constable of Saltwood, built the manor house on Ruffyn Hill in the 14th century. Ruffynes Barn was then subsequently built as a typical traditional Kent threshing barn in the 16th century.
The barn stayed within the Ruffyn family for over 200 years, until 1644 when the ownership passed to the Champion family.
In the late 17th century the custodians were the Deedes family, who owned it for over 100 years.
The ownership passed to the Boulden family, who still farm the surrounding land as part of their large farming business. Until the barn passed onto the current owners – the Lloyds.